Monday, January 7, 2013

Started the New Year with a BANG, like literally....

Hey guys. It's 4a.m. in the morning and I couldn't sleep. So I decided to write about my recent accident, which I can get into a serious injury if not for the last millisecond reflexes. So I decided to just summarize the story from what I did before it happen.

One of my classmate invited me to watch Les Miserables with him. He decided to hang out with me because he said he never did. And so, he picked me up, went for a small dinner at Hui Sing hawker stall area and then to The Spring.

The movie started at around 10p.m. and the movie was 2 and a half hours long. No biggie, it was a nice movie, with actors whom I was surprised to see, singing. Literally, who knew Wolverine, Gladiator and Catwoman can sing? Lol. So after the movie, I was sent back home and I told my friend that after that, I had to go over to Pius' place to finish a video for the first Youth Gathering of the year that time.

And so, upon reaching home, I pack my bags, my PC and anything necessary. Moved the cars around and then drove off. I was in a rush (my bad) but I wasn't driving that fast (60-80 is not considered fast for me, sorry to say, but yea, it was around that speed) and at that time, it was drizzling and obviously the road was wet.

So I used my usual course to go to Pius' place and upon reaching the 3rd mile roundabout, I go straight into the underground tunnel. By that time, I feel something was off. I was at the left lane, and knowing that the underground tunnel road was bending to the left, I followed the road, trying to be at the left lane when suddenly, my car skid straight and into the right lane. I quickly tried to control the car back and manage to but then, it skidded again the second time, this time going to the left lane.

My instinct says I should hit the brake at that time and so I did, but the car skidded AGAIN, now to the right side and hit the divider (which made my front right tyre burst open) and I saw for that 5 seconds of my life, everything happened soo fast. I hit the yellow chinese sign with red chinese letterings (it is a small sign, but I bet that anyone who uses that road will know what I'm talking about), I was still at the divider and right in front of my, I can see the lamp post right in front of me and my car is still moving forward! At that moment, I turned my wheels to the left to at least avoid hitting the lamp post, but it hit the front right side of the car, which I really am thankful for because I might get a head on collision with the lamp post.

After hitting the lamp post, my car stopped, at the right lane of the road, at the part where it was about to come out from the tunnel. In my mind, I was like, "SHIT! I'm sooo (excuse my language) fucking screwed!And worse still, when I reach for my phone in my pocket, I realised "I LEFT MY FRIGGIN PHONE AT HOME" while I was in the rush of putting all the things I need in the car!!

Thankfully, there was a motorcyclist who was very kind to me by lending me his phone and the first thing I did was calling my brother, because I did not want to disturb my parents because they had to go to work the next day but yea, in the end, they are the ones who came and help me.

Well, right after what happened, my parents called for a tow truck and I moved my things into their car and asked them to send me to Pius' place and finished the video that was needed. But I was feeling guilty and traumatized the whole day because the car can only be fixed by the end of the month and I'm suppose to use that car up for the coming EWA camp. Not only that, I felt guilty the entire day for my dad because it was his car that I crashed but thank God, money was covered by insurance.

So, after this incident, I realised that human life is VERY fragile and I'm lucky to get away from this accident without a scratch (but I did get a small bruise)

I promise to try to keep this blog alive after this, as who knows what interesting things will happen to me in the future :P till then, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leaving words~